Friday, November 11, 2011

5 Questions with... Justin Morphis

I first heard about 11th Hour earlier this year. I’m surprised I didn’t know about them sooner, since they are from my hometown, but I was somehow unaware of them until February or March. Justin Morphis is the only male in this trio that has already earned a chance to sing on NQC mainstage with Mark Bishop, Lauren Talley, Bill Shivers, Mitchel Jon, and the Nelons (video at the bottom of the post). Justin (great name, by the way) was kind enough to answer all five of my questions, as well as offer to send me his signature to be added to the Quest. Thank you, Justin!!


5 Questions with Justin Morphis
Q: How did you get your start in Southern Gospel music?
A: I have been singing since I can remember. My family had a local group that I sang with; we traveled all over Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas.

Q: Growing up, did you always want to be a singer? If not, what were your career aspirations?
A: I always wanted to sing, but didn't feel the actual call from God to Minister in song until I was 16. I used to sing because I liked it, but I can remember the night we had revival break out during the singing and God told me that this is how HHHe wanted me to do His work.

Q: What is your favorite hymn and/or what is your favorite song that 11th Hour sings?
A: My favorite song that 11th Hour sings is a song that Candice sings called "I love Walking". It talks about how God is with us and though we go through trials, He has never failed me… I love walking with my Lord.

Q: If you could be a part of a trio or quartet with any current or former Southern Gospel singers, who would you choose to sing with?
A: Well, I feel privileged to sing with some of the best young talent in the industry now, but I would have loved to sing with Kenny Hinson at least once in my life.

Q: What is your favorite verse of Scripture?
A: Psalms 34:15 "The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry"


Here’s the video: (Mark Bishop, Lauren Talley, Nelons “My Name is Jesus”)





Answers may have been edited for clarity and/or grammatical correctness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!